Friday, September 14, 2012

How do you host an ambassador at a game afternoon?

So an interesting series of events have brought me to this question.

1. About a month ago, I was invited at the last minute to fill in to sponsor a new arrival to the Embassy.  She's the ambassador's secretary and came with her hubby and two cute children.  I knew everyone was busy at the time preparing fir Secretary Clintons visit (and I definitely wasn't) so I accepted.

Any of these look familiar?
For those who gave any of these to me, thank you!!
2.  As a welcome party sponsors usually have meet-and-greet. I decided to switch it up and host a game afternoon so everyone ages 0-99 would find something to do.

3. I invited the other diplomatic staff at the Embassy and some other friends and acquaintances.

4. Our new ambassador just arrived @2 weeks ago.

5. He saw the invitation.

6. He accepted.

And now I'm hosting the ambassador at a game afternoon!? It doesn't quite sound real but it is and I feel its going to be a ball!! (yes, we'll have those as well:)

So, the question remains:  How do you host an ambassador at a game afternoon?

The answer so far:  With lots of wisdom and prayerfully.

It's gonna be fun;)  I'm putting together the party playlist now. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment