| It looks like an innocent fabric booth but beware. . . |
After about 10 weeks of observation and study I've decided to take the plunge and buy fabric and get clothes made. The beauty of tailored clothes made in Benin (China or Holland) cloth is just too tempting. I'm surprised I've held out this long!
This Friday Francine invited me to go fabric shopping with her. Francine has some fly outfits so I couldn't pass that up. After shopping we brainstormed patterns to get the fabric sewn into. That turned into an all out-raid of Francine's closet.
After looking and thinking she encouraged me to try on some items. I was like "I am not that small." Surprise! We're the same size!? She's just a bit taller than me.
| More fabric. |
| More fab fabric |
| Perhaps an outfit for Princeton reunions? |
I've gotten fit for about 4 outfits. I am working with three tailors. This is me with one of the tailors. The two fabric on the table I'm getting tailored this week.
These are some of the pictures from her design catalogs that inspired the design I ended up with. Ignore the soccerballs:) The fabric frenzy continues. . .
Can't wait to see your fabric choices and outfits!
ReplyDeleteGros bisous!
Valerie
Can't wait to see the finished pieces!
ReplyDeleteOh the suspense. . .I'm feeling it too. I've since has 2 try-ons and will some of my 1st finished pieces tomorrow. I have one dress sitting in my car right now. . .maybe I'll wear it tomorrow. . I'm kind of waiting to have the headwrap to go with it though. . .It's so much fun but takes a lot of effort. I told a colleague after these are all done I'm going to rest for a year before getting more outfits made.
ReplyDeleteWas that you in a gown when you were musing over Princeton? Fabulous!!!!
ReplyDelete