Friday, December 7, 2012

Ghana Elections 2012: I'm here!!



It's an amazing time to be in Ghana!

I arrived here last week and will be here for @3 weeks. I came for a project management training for work and get to be here during the elections!!   It is such a gift to be here to witness what a West African country in political transition looks like. This will be the 6th peaceful elections under the 4th Republican Constitution of Ghana.

"Peace" is truly the word of this electoral season.  If I had a Ghanaian Cedi for each time I heard (or said) the word peace over the past week, I'd be considerably wealthier:)


Precedents set this election:
- one candidate, Dr. Papa Kwesi Nduom was 1st presidential candidate to release his campaign funding sources, tax records and assets
-prisoners allowed to vote




I wonder what company this is:) I want to apply!!
Fun & Games in Ghana:Ferris wheel near hotel

Buildings, Traffic and Signs = Gorgeous Ghana



Colleagues and I in a mask shop off the beaten path
Nighttime in Accra

1 comment:

  1. That is really great, Simone! Ghana is a model for peaceful political transition for countries throughout Africa. Glad that you're there to experience it. :-)

    ReplyDelete