Friday, May 10, 2013

May in USA: The Beauty of our own Garden

I am now at my mom's place in Charlotte.  It's been a few months since I've written but being home and having time to slow down a bit has inspired me in many ways.  My first posting is about two of my loves: Grandma and flowers. 

Enjoying the beauty of our own garden is a metaphor for appreciating the things that are near, dear and require a lot of long-term investment  My grandma has been around, well, all of my life but I don't think I ever appreciated her and understood her as much as I do now.  It's taken me over 30 years but I am truly enjoying the beauty. Here are pictures of my 91-year-old grandma from the past few days hanging at home.
Sleeping beauty:)
Another bundle of beauty is literally my mother's garden.  My mom is such an amazing woman who is an endless treasure chest of ideas, passions and energy.  She being so wonderful as a person, it's no surprise that treasures are abundant in the home she has been gifted with.  Voila some treasures:

No comments:

Post a Comment