Sunday, June 23, 2013

Who knew a lizard could be so beautiful?

My dear sweet (sadly temporary) roommate, Marloes approached ma a few weeks ago with camera in hand.  So stated off saying that she was taking a walk around the house and saw a lizard that seems like it was sick.  "It wasn't moving but still alive," she said.  "Eeek," I thought,  "I wonder where this story is going?"

To my surprise and odd delight, she told me how she seized the opportunity and did a photo shoot.  You may wonder why I was delighted.  As prehistorically frightening as they may look, lizards are among the greatest treasures in my garden.  They stay clear of the inside of my home and are the primary predators for public enemy #1: big old cockroaches. And the males are actually quite beautifully colored. I've tried many times but they move so quickly I have never been able to snap a photo them. So, voila, evidence of one of the many talents of Mar(ve)loes.



No comments:

Post a Comment