Thursday, June 28, 2012

A beautiful Beninese guy!


Weekend before last I went to a baby shower of a work colleague with Francine.  The colleague is originally from Ghana, the daughter of a Ghanaian diplomat. Her husband is Beninois.  Her children all understand and speak English and French. I love the multinnationalism of it all:)

There, in the most unlikeliest of places I met a guy who is hands down the most attractive guy I've set eyes on since I've arrived.

Isn't he the cutie patootiest?

And to top it off, his personality is as sweet and kind as his face looks.   Francine and I were sitting on the porch eating and he came up to us giving us little pieces of a cracker he was eating, eager to share. I almost melted.

Speaking of beautiful little African guys, his brother, the one we came to celebrate, comes in for a close second.  When we arrived we found the mom and baby tucked in a side room with her daughter. There are 4 children altogether: 2 younger boys and two older girls. Being the shameless baby-grabber I am, I immediately offered to hold him.  He was a bunch of delight as well.
Mom, Harriet, me and baby bundle.

The shower itself was very chill. It was frankly all about sititing, eating, and there was some great hopping music in the background.  I met the woman I'd only heard about before who gives salsa lessons during the week. . .something I'd love to do but not sure would be the wise investment of time.
Francine, bebe beauty and Harriet

Beautiful Francine (I'm trying to marry her off, she's so lovely!) is wearing a dress that she described as being a very popular style for special occasions Benin.  Harriet happens to be here fashion twin that day, wearing the same style, different color.

We ate so quickly I forgot to take a picture of the food.  It was some fish deliciousness (I've eaten SO much fish since I've been here.), pate and ground yam, both paste-like with carrot and some other root vegetable.  It was a great 1st Beninese/Ghanaian baby shower.


2 comments:

  1. Oh...so cute! I'm melting.
    I particularly like the picture that shows you holding the baby: your radiant smile.
    Your friends' dresses are gorgeous, too.

    Bisous,

    V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for reading and commenting! They were truly lovely children.

    ReplyDelete