Thursday, October 17, 2013

A Journey of Rainbows

Can you see it? The rainbow? It's faint but there;)

On my last trip to the US in August Pauline and I took a road trip down to North Carolina.  The way back was characterized by bouts of rain, traffic and rainbows. I've never seen so many rainbows in my life. At least ten.  I wish Pauline read my blog and could vouch for me:)

Now, 2 months later, I'm going through my pics from the trip.  This journey of rainbows reminds me so much of life. Life is life and will always be a surprising and sometimes shocking mixture of ups downs and dramatic twists in the story. Our challenge:  what we chose to focus on. The sunny spots or the lines of cars. The even greater challenge for believers: Who we choose to focus on. Christ and his faithful companionship or ourselves and our seemingly insurmountable inadequacies.

I choose to take the journey of rainbows.  End of the story:  we made it back to DC late but thoroughly enjoyed the ride.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Simone you are truly blessed . Your grandmother lives on.. miss you and would love to hear your beautiful voice.. my sweet sweet beautiful lovechild. jean and john

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simmone this is Jean where are you!! I need to hear from you??

    ReplyDelete