Saturday, October 12, 2013

Ghana: My daughter's new school

After 3 hours on the road this sign was candy to our eyes. 
While in Ghana I had the pleasure of visiting my friend and colleagues' daughter's school:  Wesley Girl's Boarding School.  We were there for a parent's weekend.
Cutest mom/daughter pic ever!

Friends of Nana with friends of her daughter.

 As soon a I walked on the campus I expected girls to come out of the building, dance in formation shouting "Sarafina!Sarafina we love you!"  If you have not, please go out and see that movie.

I have never seen so many lovely teeny-weeny afro coiffed girls  in my life.  And yes, their personalities were as lovely as they look.  While the campus was not much to look at, the quality of the school was evident in girls.  They were very well-behaved and polite yet spoke with a striking mix of measured confidence, high character and humility.  Many of the girls mentioned how rigid and strict it was but how they came to love the school and their sisters and were thankful for the experience. They said they would send their daughters there. Now that's a school!




Homeroom.
And so, I have decided, no matter where I am in the world, little Simone Jr. will be going here:p
Pails for fetching water.  Yes, I'd want this for my daughter:)

No comments:

Post a Comment