Yet another surprise in life here in Cotonou: there are spas and they are "bon marche" (ie. cheap!!) .
 |
This nail artist came to help
double-team with the actual painting. |

A neighbor organized a trip for us to hang out at the spa. She ended up getting a massage while a friend of hers and I got the mani/pedi. It was a much needed pedi. The entire process was only @$30 but is not for the low on time. It took three hours but my feet got the best scrubbing of their lives. Most of the spa was indoors but they designed it so the main mani/pedi stations are on an a balcony overlooking the coast. Stunning view. While it was a bit warm sitting outside, it contributed to the relaxation of the whole experience. I must have fallen asleep three times during the process. Wendy, a frequent customer of various spas around town, was particularly happy, saying this was the best quality she'd experienced.
 |
| Happy Wendy. |
 |
| The view! |
Yes, upon request I will definitely take you here when you come visit:) I also heard about a new spa that opened up. My Kuwaiti neighbor was interested in getting a massage so I told her we could try out the new place. We'll probably go this Saturday. I'll let you know how it works out.
Very interested in Jackie's suggested fish seasoning. Normally with fresh fish I'll season before freezing(in aluminum wrap foil}. Sid
ReplyDeleteHmm. . .seasoning beofre freeezing? I'll deifnitely try that!! Jackie's suggestion was pretty simple (which I love: simplicity in cooking): mixing cut green pepper, onion, gsrlic and stuffign eveyr crevice of the fish with it. Putting oil and salt/pepper on the oitside of the fish and baking it until done. For the bass she suggested using similar seasonings and putting it in soup, I think. I need to double check with her. . .
DeleteWow I'm surprised they have this, looks relaxing!
ReplyDelete