Saturday, May 12, 2012

Coming out of Limbo: Home Sweet Home

Voila!  My blog.  I have talked about this for so long, it's surreal to see it actually happen.  If you talk about something long enough, will it always happen?  I think so.  Praise God, I believe it!! I need to start talking about how fabulous my husband is more;) But that's for another blog.  I call this phase of travel "coming out of limbo" because my stuff started traveling about 2 weeks ago, then I started and now my stuff is still in transit.  I am in a home but it's not quite home yet.  I am in limbo but coming out of it slowly but surely.  Moving into the next phase: reconnection.

For my first post, I will be copying from the email I sent family and some friends when I first arrived:

The remaining leg of my trip went really well.  It was fun being on
the flight with so many Beninese.  They're such a diverse people and
very into wearing traditional fabrics.   Our flight to Cotonou left
from Paris @2pm.  It was a fabulous 6 hour ride.  The food was amazing
and I finally got to see the Artist, which I'd been wanting to see for
a month or so!!! When you come visit me, try to fly Air France. They
are such a delight.


My sponsors Joe and Melanie and the USAID Mission Director, Kevin met
me at the airport.  My luggage came through and all is well. They took
me straight to my lovely home.  I think it's better than the pics
because it's not as cavernous as I thought it would be. It was about 2
minutes from the airport so I was home by about 8:15.   So last night
I did some pest control, rearranged furniture a bit (my decorating
side couldn't resist), put on worship music and prayed.  I ended up
going to bed about midnight happy but tired.


Today started off well.  My sponsor picked me up to go to the American
Embassy.  We made the rounds, met lots of folks and then went to the
USAID mission near the Embassy. Right now I have @30
minutes before I go to lunch with my education team at my supervisor's
home. So it will be a busy 1st week or so getting onboarded and
settled in.


God is so good and all is well.  I couldn't have asked for a better
trip and welcome.  More to come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment